2.13.2009

funnies!

Last weekend we went out with our friends. Jill was going to watch the girls for us. As we are leaving the conversation goes like this:

Ella: Mommy where are you going?
Me: Mommy and Daddy are going on a date
Ella: A Date? What's that?
Me: Where Mommy and Daddy spend time together
Ella: Oh! I not go with you?
Me: No Aunt Jill is going to play with you
Ella: Oh! Not me...just Molly...I go on a date too with Manny.
Me: Laughing!

So last week my mom and sisters and I went to the fabric store to get some fabric for the Easter dresses my mom is making for the girls.

Ella found this HUGE frog (stuffed animal) and she carted this thing around the store for over an hour. Mind you he is the same size as she is if not bigger! He was put in time out -- given a nap -- and fruit snacks cause he was hungry!

When it was time to leave Ella took him up to the cash register and asked the lady quote, "how many monies is him?" I had to buy it for her. She then proceeded to tell us in the car quote, "His name is "Mannuel" but we can call him "Manny" for short ok Mom."

We don't know where she got this name from but the frog has come to the rescue many times.
I am so happy for simple pleasures in life!

3 comments:

Becky said...

lol... Does Ella ever watch Handy Manny on the Disney channel? Maybe she got the name from him! Too cute that she's going on a date with Manny!

Taylor Family said...

Hey Kim! It's Kim, Julie's friend! She gave me your blog address. It is so super cute! E-mail me your email address and I will add you so you can see mine! Our girls are so close in age it's crazy! I can't believe you have two already!
taylorkimberlyann@hotmail.com

Andrea S. said...

That is so cute. It cracks me up the things kids come up with. I love that she even has a nickname for the frog.

PS. I'm jealous you and Spencer get to go out on dates. Maybe someday when Aaron's work schedule isn't so crazy we'll be able to date again!