2.10.2010

I need a KitchenAid!

Ok...so my great friend Lindsay makes the best bread and orange rolls...cinnamon rolls...and anything really, the girl is a great cook!

Well, everytime I eat some of her bread or rolls I always explain how delicious they are. I finally got the recipe from her. I have made the bread 3 times and the rolls 4 times...do you think any of them have turned out?? NO NO NO..What am I doing wrong?? seriously...

I went to her house Saturday to watch her make her bread and rolls. Do you think I watched close enough? NO NO NO... I went over to my friend Tara's house today to make bread... do you think our rolls turned out? NO NO NO.

I have officially given up until I get a KITCHENAID MIXER! And seriously I need to go to a bread making class!

Any tips???

8 comments:

Kendrick and Hailey said...

The rolls didn't turn out?!?! What happened? They looked good before they were cooked.:) Well if you want to make bread in the mean time feel free to come over and use my kitchen aid!

Lindsay said...

I have a kitchen aid and still can't make fabulous bread, I've decided it's gift and I don't have it.

Kirby and Tara Farnsworth said...

So Funny...I was talking to my about this last night and my mom says: Do you think it's her (Lindsay's) mixer? I just died, I said you know what that's exactly what Kim thought...I think it seriously would give the rolls the "umph" they need-

Colby and Steph said...

I will tell you how I make my yummy rolls.....a bread maker. It works wonders. I guess you could say I take the easy way out on making rolls but they sure are good. If you get a bread maker i will give you the recipe, they are pretty close to the Lion House rolls. They are O' so delicious.

Danielle said...

It can't be you. Everything you make is wonderful! I think you need a kitchen aid! :)

Melynda said...

I laughed so hard at the conversation you had with Ella (a few posts down!) I am still laughing :) Anyways, I definitely agree with Danielle...it is NOT you! You need a kitchen aid! Come over and use mine. We can try it without Lindsay to see if that changes things. If not, then we know she just has the magic touch!

Steven & Lacey said...

I want to get a bread maker. I will let you know if it helps me out any. The only bread I can make is banana bread. We had so much fun at the carousel the other day.

Becky said...

Well, I actually did take a bread making class for the recipes my freshman year of college. Anyways... there are a few tricks - one is in the yeast. You need to make sure you don't use too hot of liquid in the beginning so the yeast doesn't die. Then do not overwork it when you knead it. If you knead it too much your bread will be tough and won't raise properly. (It has something to do with the protein in the dough... it is similar to chewing gum. When you chew it at first its soft, but if you chew it too much it becomes tough and hard to chew.) Does that help?